Mersen is also a signatory of the UN Global Compact, whose 10 founding principles cover human rights, international labor standards, the environment and corruption.
Corporate social responsibility
Mersen is guided by 3 main principles in meeting its sustainability responsibilities.
CONTRIBUTE TO THE CONSERVATION OF THE PLANET'S RESOURCES
- Our products help to promote the development of renewable energies. They safeguard the reliability and safety of non-polluting public transportation, and they are used in the manufacture of systems delivering significant reductions in power consumption.
- We are committed to minimizing the environmental impact of our activities by being exemplary in our own production activities.
- We are committed to developing more efficient products to reduce energy and resource consumption through redesign-to-cost or eco-design processes.
PURSUE A POLICY THAT PROTECTS, VALUES AND DEVELOPS OUR HUMAN CAPITAL
- Health and Safety is our first priority: the ongoing development of our safety culture and the deployment of dedicated tools have contributed to the constant improvement in performance over the years.
- Mersen’s employees, their knowledge and their expertise are central to deploying our vision "to develop the best technologies for the industries of the future". Developing human capital is key to each of our development priorities and is essential for our growth.
BE A GOOD CORPORATE CITIZEN AT A GLOBAL LEVEL
- Mersen’s code of ethics reiterates the collective and individual commitment of the Group and its employees. We attach great importance to abiding by the international, national and local laws and regulations in force in the countries in which we do business. Special attention is paid to labor, competition, anti-corruption and money laundering legislation.
- Operating in 35 countries across the globe, Mersen wants to help to advance technological progress wherever we are based and enable people to raise their standard of living.
Mersen's ESG performance was rated as “Advanced” by EthiFinance, independent agency specialized in ESG assessment, with an overall score of 64%.