Mersen UK Portslade Ltd
Mersen UK Portslade Ltd was established as Le Carbone in 1930 as a supplier for precision machined graphite components.
The Mersen UK Portslade Ltd name was adopted in 2010. From its inception up to 2015, the company manufactured the graphite parts from the old brewery site in Portslade village covering a wide range of applications for markets including Transport, Aerospace, Refractory materials and Semi-conductor manufacture.
From 2015, manufacturing was moved up to Mersen UK Portslade’s sister site in Teesside and the Sales Office moved to its current address in Portslade Mersen UK Portslade Ltd is fully integrated into the Global Mersen business, the sales office in Portslade focussing on supporting customers for the Electrical Protection and Control (EPC), Solutions for Power Management (SPM) and Power Transfer Technologies (PTT) divisions.
Mersen UK Portslade Ltd and Mersen UK Teesside Ltd have now combined and operate as a single entity (Mersen UK Teesside Ltd), with the manufacturing site and focus on Graphite Specialities and Anti-corrosion Equipment based in Teesside and customer support for EPC, SPM and PTT based in Portslade.