- Selected range of materials
- Customised machined or pressed to size designs
- High quality tamping (cable connection)
- Optimized cable dimensions
- Good mechanical stability
- High electrical conductivity
- Low friction coefficient
- High transient current density
- Wide speed range (15 to 45m/s)
- Brush wear indicator systems available as an option
Brushes for FHP motors
Mersen carbographitic and bakelite-graphite brushes for FHP motors
Mersen offers a wide range of carbographitic, bakelite-graphite and metal-graphite brushes for FHP motors.
- Carbographitic grades are prepared from carbon and coke powders (natural or artificial) agglomerated with appropriate binders to give them good resistance to high temperature and variable loads.
- Bakelite-graphite grades are made from natural or artificial graphite powders agglomerated with a thermo-hardening resin to give them a high electrical and mechanical resistance power.
- Metal-graphite grades: powdered natural or artificial graphite is mixed with a thermo-setting resin, copper powder, and/or other metal powders. The mix is then pressed and polymerized at a suitable temperature in an inert atmosphere.
- Motors for machine tools
- Military applications (satellites, missiles, radars)
- Medical applications (wheelchairs, artificial respirators, MRI scans)
- Special machines
- Fairground rides
- Golf carts