A clean generator supplying clean energy
Patented by Mersen, MERSEN DustCollector is a smart concept designed to prevent any short circuits caused by low insulation between rings and ground for hydro generators.
From the carbon brushes to the industrial vacuum cleaner, all the components in the chain are carefully studied and selected by our MERSEN DustCollector Experts in order to collect a maximum of brush dust during operation. With some hundred systems already installed in more than 30 countries, Mersen is the worldwide leader for this solution.
MERSEN DustCollector concept
- Collect carbon dust from brushes during operation
- Designed for new, retrofit and refurbishment hydro generator up to 900MW
- Reduce cleaning maintenance (increased generator running time)
- Standard solution and customized for specific projects
- Available for horizontal and vertical generators and DC exciters
- Plug and play concept
- Monitoring: Basic, Optimum and Smart available in option
- Possible for rotor brake application (contact us)
- Installation and commissioning by Mersen expert team
MERSEN DustCollector experience
- Has improved the efficiency of hundreds of hydro generators all over the world.
- The system's compact size and modularity make it ideal for machines with limited space.
- Position and quantity of air outlets can be outfitted to accommodate customer requirements.
- Carbon dust is suctioned at its source to refrain dust dispersion all over the machine.
- Smart investment with fast ROI.