Mersen's carbon and graphite tools for hollow and container glass industry
Leading manufacturer of isostatic graphite
The rigorous selection of raw materials and the precise control of production resources and processes allow Mersen to guarantee excellent consistency in terms of the performance of its materials.
Advantages for refractory applications
The graphite manufactured by Mersen offers numerous advantages which make it the material of choice for numerous refractory applications:
- It doesn't melt, but passes directly from a solid to a gas starting at 3,400 °C.
- Graphite's thermal shock resistance is unrivalled.
- Its mechanical strength remains unaltered at high temperatures.
- It has a low coefficient of thermal expansion, which guarantees geometric stability at high temperatures.
- It also has low density and heat capacity.