Tantalum is highly corrosion-resistant to:
- Hydrochloric acid
- Nitric acid
- Phosphoric acid
- Strong organic acids
- and theirs mixtures.
Tantalum is competitive to glas-lined equipment.
Comprehensive Tantalum heat exchangers portfolio (the following data are for reference, they do not show the limits):
- Bayonet heaters: up to 290 tubes, DN 1,350, 40 m2 heat exchange surface
- Shell and tubes heat exchangers: up to 580 tubes, DN 800, 202 m2 heat exchange surface
- U-tube heat exchangers: up to 490 tubes, 317 m2 heat exchange surface
- Heating coils of Tantalum for columns with DNup to 1,000
- Cladded tube sheets
- Welded plate heat exchangers
- Recognised experience in Tantalum forming
- Design according to international standards
- Material according to ASTM, EN
- Dedicated 3 000 m2 workshop “Home of Tantalum”
- Experienced and qualified welding teams
- Proven quality system
- Local service
Mersen produces high-end Tantalum heat exchangers in its dedicated 3,000 m2 workshop in Germany and 6,000 m2 in the USA.